SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
irissto

Amazon reviews. Wrote my very first one.

I love reviews. A lot of my final choices depend on them. I have never written one because of my English, but this time I thought I should. It’s about a plant light. We bought the first time in 2014 and after having to replace the bulb once, it is working great. Got the same one in 2015. Stopped working a year ago, replacing the bulb didn’t work. My husband took it to the garage to check it out. Didn’t happen yet. Got the same one again. Last week, I noticed a burning kind of smell (in addition to the smell I had in my other thread) and it not working. Unplugged it. My husband changed the bulb, the light didnt work and the base immediately turned hot. He unscrewed it and this is what it looked like. Before you ask, yes, it was a correct replacement bulb. I am glad the house didn’t catch fire and I am a bit wary of the one that is working. I should probably unsrew the base of the one sitting in the garage to see what it looks like. I did contact the manufacturer, too. Other than the bulbs not lasting, it has great reviews. I wrote a 2 star review. On one side I love the one that is working. On the other side shouldn’t there be a fuse or something?

Picture doesn’t really show that the plastic was melting.

Comments (10)