SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethdeth

Can you hire someone to "accessorize" your home?

bethdeth
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

My husband and I have been living with the results of a not-so-great experience with an interior decorator for several years. It was our first time hiring a decorator and our aesthetics were not entirely compatible. I also felt like the job ended up half finished...we got furniture and lighting, but not the other home decor elements that really tie everything together. The decorator was also not the best at creating a space that was functional for our family, which has books, art projects, homework and musical instruments that all need a place to be enjoyed or stored.

Fast forward a few years...we have fixed some of the more egregious problems but our house still feels unfinished. And unfortunately, I am terrible at accessorizing. I'd basically like someone to come in and help us purchase artwork and other decor items, maybe replace a few of the items from the original decorator that we just can't stand or that could provide more functionality for our day to day life. I'm not sure where to look for this. It doesn't seem like a job for a full-on decorator. Is there such a thing as a "house accessorizing" service? How do I find one?

BTW, we are in DC.

Comments (17)