• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    5 years ago

• maire_cate
    5 years ago

Connemara ponies -

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    5 years ago

It has rained a lot at my house recently. These are all over the back yard.

• lgmd_gaz
    5 years ago

Blackberry Lily

Why it is called Blackberry Lily. The seed pods when they open.

• gyr_falcon
    5 years ago

• OutsidePlaying
    5 years ago

Had a late birthday celebration with a couple of former work mates last night. We had a great dinner, with a piano and sax accompanying, a delightful waiter, and then this. Our waiter insisted I pick anything from the dessert menu and I couldn’t resist the description or the chocolate dessert (and our waiter’s recommendation). I took half home to DH. They chose ice cream, vanilla bean with raspberry and peach which she said was loaded with pieces of peach.

• User
    5 years ago

Beautifully marked cat, Gyr. Male or female? Money cat? Just gorgeous!

• DawnInCal
    5 years ago

• DawnInCal
    5 years ago

Happy belated birthday, OutsidePlaying!

• gyr_falcon
    5 years ago

Winter, late last night I came across that old cat photo that I took in the late 1980's, and decided to share it because it always makes me smile. She was female, but I don't recall her name. She caught one of the emerging cat diseases that was not well understood at that time, and sadly, we lost her very young and after having her with us only a short time. I'm not sure what you mean by money cat. She was a quite a playful monkey cat, if that was what you meant. :)

• susanwv
    5 years ago

After the neighbors had their trees cut, we had the guy do our HUGE ash tree out back. He did a great job, and great price. Our son helped with the cleanup.

• Elmer J Fudd
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Yes, Happy Birthday. It looks like you had a fitting celebration

Her birthday isn't late, the congrats comment is. So better to say Belated Happy Birthday rather than Happy Belated Birthday.

• User
    5 years ago

Gyr...In the cat world multi-colored Calico's like your cat are very rare. The more outstanding the colors...the rarer. Your kitty is a fabulous example of what is known in catteries as a "money" cat. Meaning, that she [almost always a female] would have brought enormous breeding fees because of her varying and vivid colors...if you had chosen to breed her. Calicos are almost always females. The males...if you manage to get one with Calico coloring are usually sterile.

She is/was beautiful, Gyr. I've never seen a Calico quite so brightly colored...with the distinctive reds. She looks like a patchwork quilt. Just spectacular!!! I'm so sorry you lost her so young.

• gyr_falcon
    5 years ago

That is interesting, Winter. I wouldn't have thought about her being especially valuable. I wanted to adopt a calico, and she was part of a litter that was being given away in front of the local grocery store. We always favored females, and spayed our cats. I was aware about the sex link info. My husband insists they had a male calico barn cat growing up that reportedly sired a litter, but I was not sure if he was mistaken about the true color, or the fatherhood, so I grain of salted the tale.

• yeonassky
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Belated happy birthday. Nothing beats a lovely cake and ice cream and your DH even got some cake lucky him:-)

• User
    5 years ago

There are male Calicos, Gyr but one that's capable of breeding would be so rare that they're almost nonexistent. That's not to say that they don't exist altogether. They're just extremely, extremely rare and your husband's family should have made him known to cat breeders. Calico lovers will pay exorbitant fees for Calico breeders.

• OutsidePlaying
    5 years ago

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    5 years ago

Mia got me pretty roses! OK daddy helped her pick them out.