SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimmk987

Need help figuring out if this counter selection will work

kim k
5 years ago

I'm having trouble deciding on a counter and would love help visualizing it in my kitchen before I commit. My goal is to end up with a warm, transitional kitchen. We will have white perimeter cabinets and a bordeaux stained cherry island. Dining table and chairs are black with stained wood tops.

There's a slab of Florida quartzite I really love, but I can't decide if it is going to work as a kitchen counter. If we choose it we will have it honed in attempt to make the pink/purple parts less vibrant and also because I prefer a non polished counter. What backsplash colors would match? I love the light green streak and would love to compliment that in a backsplash, wall color or even with my pendant lighting. Is it too bold of a choice?

My other option is Perla Venata, which reminds me a bit of Taj Mahal but is less $$. That would be safer then I could incorporate color other ways... but I just can't decide. I do not want to end up with an all beige kitchen.

Any advice or suggestions are welcome, picturing all the elements together is overwhelming!

Comments (16)