SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ekaterine

The usual dilemma......white trim!!

ekaterine
5 years ago

On my upstairs level I have BM Winds Breath paired with BM Cotton Balls trim and woodwork and am very happy with that combination.

On the main level downstairs, I have ALL BM Cloud White Satin Impervo trim and woodwork everywhere, and Cloud White walls in eggshell and want to add a touch of color and contrast to the walls. Too much Cloud White. I love Winds Breath and plan to paint the walls of the family room, kitchen and breakfast nook in Winds Breath matte. I really really don't want to have the trim repainted and would love it if I could stick with the Cloud White trim in the meantime. (It's time and expense I could do without especially since it was done rather recently.) This area faces southwest and in summer, gets a good amount of light, but recently at times I think the Cloud White, while creamy and pretty, looks more like cream than off-white to me. It was only painted a few years ago, but I think it has yellowed ever so slightly as I've heard oil paints do.

Should I try to paint the walls Winds Breath, hope for the best and have the trim repainted later if it's not enough contrast, or take a chance on this combination of Winds Breath and Cloud White trim? I'd love to know what others think or if they have had experience with these colors. Furniture is being moved around and hardwood floor redone, so I don't have any photos of the space. Hope my descriptions will suffice.

Comments (2)