Energy Diet as of yesterday.
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (50)
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
Diet pals mid February
Comments (15)After 2-1/2 weeks, I've finally lost one pound off the weight I started with! (There was that bump there when it actually went up.) I've gradually been making progress on lowering my sodium intake, but it seems as sodium goes down, calories are going up. I'm continually having the dilemma of, do I choose the food with lower salt and higher calories, or vice versa. A good example is light Miracle Whip (fewer calories, more sodium) vs. real Hellman's mayo (more calories, less sodium). I guess it's going to take a few more weeks of juggling to get everything balanced out--but I'm gonna do it. Hi, Raybeck, welcome! I hate to tell you but something else happened in that 2-1/2 years besides "eating too much"--you got 2-1/2 years older! DH and I ate like pigs back in college--we used to *each* get a Burger King deal where we bought one Whopper and got one free. That's right, two Whoppers, an order of fries and a huge drink (not diet) for each of us. And we were thin! I read somewhere that your calorie need really does go down each decade, so you either have to eat a little less, exercise a little more, or else gain weight as you get older. Unfortunately I didn't read that till the damage was done. ;) So don't beat yourself up--you might have been eating the same as always, not realizing it was time to adjust. It's great you're taking charge of it now! TREKaren--I hear you on the Hershey kisses. One thing I'm not giving up is my daily piece of Dove dark chocolate--42 calories, and worth every one. :) DeeMarie--Take care of yourself. Thanks for the vote of confidence in the brownie mix. Can't wait to try it this weekend. Erica...See MoreDiet Pals 18 - 24 May Getting ready to Garden!
Comments (20)Hi Ya Gang! I should not have a head on my shoulders after last night's team night out....I drank (would not even begin to guess the points and ate italian.....). Sometimes ya just have to get it out of your system and judging by my body today - I got it ALL out! Bought a bag of prepared mixed frozen fruit on the way in today and had it during the morning - it was heaven after that heavy food last night. Funny how you can get used to lighter meals. Did have 3 slices of pizza at lunch and that is all the food I have had today. There is a GIANT GREEN SALAD in the fridge at home with my name all over it. I can't wait to get my shorts, exercise top, plug into my tunes and get shaking. Yes my waist gets sore and some other muscles on my butt....but....if I get back at the exercise I FEEL B E T T E R !!!!!! Physically and mentally. I just love tuning out and tuning into 80s pop, rock and anything with a good beat to it. I think once I get used to this I am going to look into weighted wrist bands so I can move my arms more too. Lots of work on the leg muscles and oddly enough - as much as it's a muscular workout - waist down - my cardio is not killing me - I can breath comfortably and have a light level of persperation. I am really doing something like a power walk and nothing more at this stage. I want this to be fun. Something I look forward to - followed by a heavenly shower and nice, fresh, soft PJs and a GOOD BOOK (and lots of water of course!). Okay, it's been a rough week with my food habits but a very good week shaking it - not bad overall. Now I just have to get the food sorted again and things should start toning. I don't care about the scales at this point - I will be watching where the inches move and how my clothes feel. Muscle weighs more than fat - I will be using the mirror as well to judge the difference and also how well I can cope with stairs (great measurement tool). So, lets get moving! C'mon! Don't worry about your ups and downs - you are still here posting and you will be successful so long as you don't quit. We are not in the olympics - we are taking better care of ourselves for a change. There is no clock to reach our goals - I don't use one other than a motivator and mental guide - I will persist for however long it takes and keep trying to reach smaller achievable goals - like more exercise, or adding more fruit to my daily meals. I like the grocery list planning - great tool and helps you think ahead and keeps you focussed. Would love to hear how the yogurt turns out. Mirren - don't despair! Keep posting. DeeMarie - where are you???? Yoooouuuuuu Hooooooooooooo!? Teressa - looking forward to your favourite recipes with your new toy. Kathy - one of these days I'm coming over to do some shopping with ya! Just love hunting through those shops! Yellowhair, Wildchild - HI YA!!!!!! I tell ya what - let's make a deal - or this is the offer - I will tell ya once I receive those cinnamon toothpicks. I will send anyone who has been faithfully participating for a week a pack for great effort! I am serious. Look for the Cinnamon Toothpick challenge week soon....I can't chew 160 packs all by myself ya know!!!! Cheers for now, have a fabby (not flabby) weekend! Will check in this weekend see how you are getting on! McPeg...See MoreOprah yesterday
Comments (4)Honestly, I disagree that good for you food costs more. Chips and convenience foods are very costly. I live in the Chicago suburbs and there are many ethnic markets that are far cheaper than the big chain grocery stores. I can get a week's worth of produce for 2 adults for $10-15 if I shop the local Italian market. This includes fresh garlic, ginger, lemons, limes, zuchinni, avocadoes, salad, artichokes, carrots, onions, potatoes, cilantro, peppers, tomatoes, parsley, celery, melons, grapes, peaches, cucumbers, mushrooms, asparagus, you name it! I don't buy all that every week, but they often have avocadoes for $.50 each whereas the big stores they are $2 each. Limes are $.05 each. Vine ripened tomatoes are $.99/lb instead of $3.99. Yes, it takes more time to shop the sales, but it doesn't have to cost more if you can't afford it. They also have very cheap lunchmeat - often 1/3 to 1/2 the price of the chains. It pays to shop around! I go to the big stores only for their sale items, and almost assuredly they lose money on me...but I am not their typical customer, so they don't care. : ) I also have strayed away from packaged rice and noodle mixes latety and I do everything from scratch. It doesn't take any longer, really. I just make my own mixes now - rice and thyme, cumin, paprika, cayenne...whatever I feel like throwing in that would complement each other and the rest of the meal. I used to cringe at powdered garlic and onion, but now I keep it on hand so I can make my own rubs and such. And I totally agree with Ruth & Oprah - losing weight takes hard work, plain and simple. It basically takes creating a life that is purposefully trying to lose weight. It takes mental effort and perhaps bordering on obsession at times. Yeah - that stinks - it doesn't come easy for anyone, unfortunately, but if you want to make your goal, it has to be done. I guess this is as good of an introduction as any to a forum - Hi! I am Christine and I make all my own rice and other mixes. I don't use any artificial sweeteners or fats (olestra/olean) and I am caffeine free. I sound like I am probably really hippie/granola/crunchy, but I don't think I am - I am really just trying to eat as healthfully as possible. If I am losing weight in addition, that is a bonus. I like real food. : ) I am looking forward to getting to know this bunch!...See MoreColonoscopy diet restrictions
Comments (20)Sucking lemon drop candies helped me. Once you start the prep you will not be thinking about your mouth or stomach parts. I tolerated the liquid prep best by using a straw and cool, but not icy cold liquid. Position the straw in the back of your mouth, and you won't taste the stuff as much. I used two of the flavor packets: Orange and Pineapple. I sucked on a Lemon Drop candy in between doses. I got very weary with a divided prep on a secondary colonoscopy last November: Half of the liquid late afternoon and half starting at ten p.m. I was still "going" hours past my bedtime. I arranged for general sedation, not Versed. Costs a lot more, but I was not groggy afterward. (I've heard that most MD's avoid the Versed.)...See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
Related Stories

CONTRACTOR TIPSBuilding Permits: What to Know About Green Building and Energy Codes
In Part 4 of our series examining the residential permit process, we review typical green building and energy code requirements
Full Story
GREAT HOME PROJECTSUpgrade Your Windows for Beauty, Comfort and Big Energy Savings
Bid drafts or stuffiness farewell and say hello to lower utility bills with new, energy-efficient windows
Full Story
VINTAGE STYLERevel in Retro With Vintage and New Kitchen Appliances
Give your kitchen old-fashioned charm with refrigerators and stoves that recall yesteryear — even if they were made just yesterday
Full Story
EARTH DAY5 Ideas for a More Earth-Friendly Garden
Consider increasing the size of garden beds, filtering rainwater and using plants to reduce energy use
Full Story
GREEN BUILDINGThe Big Freeze: Inventors Break New Ground to Keep Things Cool
Old-fashioned fridges can be energy guzzlers, but there are more eco-friendly ways of keeping food fresh, as these global innovations show
Full Story
GREEN BUILDINGLet’s Clear Up Some Confusion About Solar Panels
Different panel types do different things. If you want solar energy for your home, get the basics here first
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOME8 Ways to Create a Home That Helps You Recharge
A cozy corner for napping and an area for outdoor fun could help you find new sources of energy
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen of the Week: A Boost in Comfort and Color
This energy-conscious remodel gives a New Jersey artist and her family more room to move and more places to put things
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOME10 Ways to Make Your Home Feel More Joyful
Give your house more happy energy with a burst of color, a quirky collectible or the space to pursue a passion project
Full Story
GREEN BUILDING3 Design Pros Create Their Own Sustainable Homes
These houses serve as laboratories for pros to test energy-efficient systems, healthy practices and off-the-grid living
Full Story
Rusty