SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stackez

Bathtub upgrade

My master bathroom is approximately 10 1/2' x 5'... I currently have a 60" standard alcove tub and I'm planning on renovating soon. The dumb end(non plumbing) shares the exterior wall and the end with the plumbing and fixtures shares a wall with my hallway bathroom. The access panel for the plumbing of my master bathroom tub is in the closet of my hallway bathroom. The closet is the exact same width of my tub.

Now this is what I see in my mind, but my mind and reality aren't on the same page at times. Tell me what you think?

I would like to replace my 60" tub with a 72" whirlpool tub by stealing 12" from my hallway bathroom closet. The wall thats potentially moving is not a load bearing wall. I'm going with the curved shower curtain, the glass doors on a tub isn't my style. I been looking at plenty of bathroom pics but haven't seen anything similar to what I'm proposing. I know its doable but is it practical...as I'm sitting here typing/thinking about it...I might have to go with a drop-in tub....anyway.....any thoughts, advice, pictures, and/or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (2)