SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirty_gardener

Finally caught my baby tree frog

dirtygardener
5 years ago

A tiny baby tree frog (probably Cuban) got into my house, and took up residence in the bathroom. He was getting really skinny and pathetic looking. I had a hard time catching him, but I finally did and the strangest thing happened. He was only about an inch long, really small, and I couldn't bring myself to kill him, so I took him outside. He sat on my finger, refusing to jump off onto a plant. When I tried to push him off, he hopped on my shoulder and started screaming. Seriously, it was pathetic. He had only known me, so he thought I was his MOTHER! I finally got him off of me after much effort, and put him into the garden, telling him in a soft voice how much happier he would be outside. I hope he learns how to eat roaches, because there are a lot of them out there. It's the only reason I don't kill the Cubans.

I wish now I had taken a picture of him, but alas, I did not, so I'll never see his little invasive face again. It's o.k. He has plenty of invasive brown anoles to eat when he gets bigger, and he'll always be grateful to me for that.

I haven't seen my baby Bufo toads lately. Hope they just moved on. I don't think Cubans eat them.

Comments (2)