SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chiroptera_mama

Baby Babies (pic heavy) finally

chiroptera_mama
15 years ago

IÂm sorry to be so long in getting these on here. I donÂt get by the table as often as I would like.

I was so thrilled to see so many people with an interest in the little guys, they really are sweet and beneficial! Y'all really are the best.

Here is a baby Seminole bat  they live in trees and are solitary except for mother bats with pups. There is also a Red bat that look almost the same but lighter in color. The fur on the mom is even softer than it looks!

This is the mama with all four (!!) babies  there is one under the middle pup you can see. Together they out weigh her. After storms we get lots of calls about mamas and babies being down. We try to get them back in the nearest tree, but sometime we canÂt so they get released out by us.

This is a Big Brown bat who came in as a ÂretireeÂ. His snout was completely smashed by a homeowner who used a tennis racket to chase him down when he got stuck in their house. At least they felt bad about it and called us (not bad enough to make a donation though :P) He had to be tube fed for the first two weeks while the worst damage healed. We had him for slightly more than 2 years as a non-releasable due to a hole in his sinus never healing completely closed - thus killing his radar. His teeth were pretty worn so heÂd already lived a good while before coming in. He was very social and made a great education animal. Since he didnÂt fly a lot, he also got a bit chubby. Here he is eating dinner on the couch. He liked to be out and about when were home.

We occasionally do other animals depending on how many bats we have at the time and the season.

This is Norman the Âkiller woodpecker gnawing on DH.

A black crowned night heron.

This crazy raccoon had a thing about drinking upside down. Maybe he had the hiccups ;)

DH and a Barred owl that had been rolled by a station wagon. The lady was so upset, she was standing in the road waving cars around him until we got there.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022