SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
k_barnes

Cemetery gravesite planting

Karen
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

When my sister passed she was buried regularly with a small headstone. Then when my mother passed she requested cremation and was placed in same plot as my sister. So she has a flat marker in front of sisters headstone. I am making prearrangements for when I pass and I will be cremated and will also go in with my mother and sister. My question is...I have been looking after gravesite but after I'm gone there will be no one to do this. So I'm looking to make the area look as nice as possible without any pruning or whatever to be done. I had 2 small bushes, one on each side of headstone which were small but had to be cut and shaped several times a year so I've recently had those removed and now it just looks so barren and sad. My flat grave marker is being made and will be placed in front of my mothers. I would so appreciate some suggestions as to what could be planted around the site or would stone angels or whatever be nice? Any suggestions appreciated. I didn't have a photo yet of the two but headstone in behind flat marker which sits just in front of the headstone. Presently no bushes or anything beside headstone. Thanks.

Comments (5)