SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisy_lindberg

First time dealing with succulents- tried repotting and found bugs..

Daisy Lindberg
5 years ago

I bought three succulents from Bachmans. I had another succulent I bought from a different store. I noticed that one was too large for the pot it was in, which inspired me to re-pot the three new ones. I started with the large succulent, went well getting all the dirt off. I started onto the new succulents I just bought. As soon as I took the succulent out of the plastic pot and went to touch the dirt to loosen the roots, I saw these tiny gray white worms about maybe 1 cm big (moving pretty quickly) on my gloves so I dropped the plant and put them into a bag outside.. Now that a couple days have passed, I am willing to attack this again. I read online to wash all the dirt and bugs off. I did. Looks like they were gone, which I don’t really understand... The three succulents I bought were sitting outside on a wood shelf, so I am kinda thinking that’s where the bugs came from (the wood). NOW my issue is the roots on these plants. They look different than my large succulent roots. They have bulgs or beads it looks like on the roots. Should I be worried? I am considering throwing these guys away because I am just so grossed out by What happened. Again, this is my first ever succulent experience. I would love tips, info, and most of all some advice/ help.

Comments (3)