Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21902377

Have YOU found any bargains/deals? Clothes? Groceries?

8 years ago

My bargain shopping trip. I found a few....How about YOU?


Furniture store bargains:
Side table, inlaid with oak & slate: $18.36...very heavy, 40lbs!

Gramercy 22" down feather pillow: $2

Flanged outdoor medallion pillow: $2

Comments (25)

  • 8 years ago

    I really like slate so I do like your table Nicole. Great finds.

    I went to a huge indoor flea market a few weeks ago. I was looking for all the Harry Potter books in hardback. Didnt find any but I found bed sheets and bath towels. I ddon't have pics yet as I have them bagged in plastic behind the garage covered with a tarp. They arnt comming in until I have time to launder and do a bug wash...lol. we use white towels but I have colors put away vintage wamsutta which we don't use. Anyway I scored..8 vintage wamsutta bath towels with 8 matching face cloths and 6 hand towels they are two toned in dark and light pink they look almost new, but you know the old wamsuttas never wore out or faded. I wouldn't buy new pink towels but wamsutta is a different story. Total price for the towels....15$

    I also found 2 flat, full size white sheets 100% cotton, percale weave made in the USA probably in the 50's or 60's. Currently they are almost the color of a brown paper bag and reek so bad but once I'm done with them they will be SCREAMING snowy white. the sheets were 25 cents each. Than I found a black purse/handbag looks in absolute mint condition for 1$ Kenneth Cole new york. This was a great find. Found make up brushes new still in sealed unopened packages for a quarter each.I bought 6 different sizes for Amiee. For the boys I found a old Croquet set for 4$. The boys will love playing croquet. And that's my lucky haul.

    User thanked mamapinky0
  • 8 years ago

    "Fresh" turkeys at the grocery store for $0.49/lb! They must be part of the Easter batch (is there such a thing?). When I checked last Thursday, they were still selling for $1.59/lb; I just couldn't pull the trigger. DH and I LOVE turkey, so this is a wonderful spring treat for us. I'm dry brining one for Wednesday night, and I froze the other -- yeah, picked up two. :)

    User thanked javiwa
  • Related Discussions

    Have you found any deals or bargains? Hhhhhhmmmm..............?

    Q

    Comments (26)
    I haven't purchased any bargains, but I created some. I've been using this time of isolation to do some clearing out, and I offered some items for free: a heavy Samsonite wardrobe suitcase, the toilet I replaced, a George Foreman grill, and a comforter. I explained that I'd been isolating since March 6, so there were no worries about bringing these things into their homes. I had no contact with the takers; they just removed the items from my porch. Then I was reminded that I had bags of Salvation Army donations in my car, so I offered the clothing for free too. It went to someone who was giving it to a woman getting out of an abusive relationship. That felt good. When I was told she had two kids I asked for the ages and added a box of children's books.
    ...See More

    Have YOU found any bargains or deals .......? Hhhhmmmmm.........

    Q

    Comments (43)
    OK, that makes some sense. I just couldn't picture picking something that long up. I'm used to just the regular snow shovel although my "shovel" part is heavy plastic so it's lighter than the metal one I use to have. A neighbor has something I haven't seen before. It's a battery operated "snow shovel" that acts like a blower. Pretty neat. It makes a narrow path and it can't be deep snow but it works pretty good.
    ...See More

    October Have you found any bargains or deals? Hhhhhmmmmm......?

    Q

    Comments (36)
    I'm doing a long-overdue re-organization of my garage. I needed all sorts of garage hanging gadgets, so I went to Menards. It was during their rebate special... I had no idea what it was. The helpful cashier pointed to the bottom portion of my receipt. I'm getting 11% back! Does that count as a bargain? I didn't realize Menards carried so much... stuff. They have a whole section of JR Watkins products.
    ...See More

    Have YOU found any bargains or deals? May edition

    Q

    Comments (65)
    Found this antique toy dresser at the GW today. $5.99. Looked it up when I got home--it was made by J.Bubb in London, early 19th century. Found one that sold a few years ago for $225, but it was missing all the escutcheons and 1 pull. Mine is in excellent condition, all hardware intact and with the maker's mark. I can't believe this beautiful toy is almost 200 years old!
    ...See More
  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    You all made major scores!! In my case, a neighbor is having a moving sale. I went to see what he had. I got a couple of knickknacks for $2 but the real prize was a Toro self propelled 22" lawn mower for $30. It's in great condition. I don't think it is very old. It's not for me, but for an elderly neighbor. Her's died and needed to be replaced. Her sister cuts the grass and was very happy with the bargain that I got!!

    User thanked murraysmom Zone 6a OH
  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    I found an online site for long sleeved t-shirts called "Full Source". The shirts are 100% cotton (imported), come in a variety of sizes including 2X and lots of colors, made by Port and Company, for $9.96 (not sure about the $.96). However, they are crew neck and I only wear V neck on account of a large bust. But I took a chance and ordered 8 in an asst. of colors. They work! the cotton is heavier than I'm used to but for these cooler temps it also works. And the sleeves are indeed long, below the wrist which is something rare in the long.slv shirts I usually buy.

    Washed them all and dried them in the dryer to almost dry, then hung them up to finish drying. They turned out great. So far I've worn and washed them at least three times each and no shrinkage or fading - yet. Decided to order two more in different colors.

    Now I'm thinking about ordering their short sleeved v-neck tees, but wondering if the cotton weight would be too heavy for summer. Maybe I'll order a couple and see how they feel.


    Full Source v-neck tees

    User thanked schoolhouse_gw
  • 8 years ago

    I went to the grocery store yesterday. I got out of my car and looked down and there was a store coupon on the ground for a free loaf of bread. I got a free loaf of bread. Lol!

    User thanked User
  • 8 years ago

    Schoolhouse are you saying V neck is a better fit for bigger breasted woman? I don't think I've ever worn V. I know weird. And a D cup makes me big busted. I'll have to try one. Maybe a cheap one from Walmart.

    User thanked mamapinky0
  • 8 years ago

    love that table!

    best I've got is a flannel shirt from the local GW - 3.50. hadn't been into our new local one yet (gee, I think it's been here for about a year). so a few weeks ago I stopped to check it out. Didn't know it was half price day and most everything was picked over. Guess not many looking for a flannel shirt tho. Looks like it's never been worn. too warm here for it now - but it'll get a work out next winter.


    User thanked desertsteph
  • 8 years ago

    mama, well on me personally I think v-necks look best. The girls don't look so huge but again, that's just me. Now the crew necks at Full Source aren't bothering me as much, but I may have lost a few pounds.

    In the reviews about the tees, I read that people are describing the cotton material as "rough" or "scratchy". I agree it's very different than what I'm used to, but tolerable and not scratchy.

    User thanked schoolhouse_gw
  • 8 years ago

    before I had my breast reduction surgery 22 years ago, I remember everything said to wear v necks and stay away from boat necks and high neck shirts. I could always see the difference on me. I think the v neck draws the eye vertical instead of horizontal. I even see the difference it makes on other people. In my opinion that surgery was the best decision I ever made.

    User thanked bengardening
  • 8 years ago

    Scored twice this week for hubby, a brand new in the box pair of sketchers for $18.50 and last night a brand new in the box with tags attached jacket that retails for $279.99 at blauer.com, picked it up for $41.50. Both from shopgoodwill.com. He has a great coat with a liner which will be perfect for his new job as a motor coach bus driver. Now I need to focus on me.

    User thanked two25acres
  • 8 years ago

    I love reading about bargains. And I love your table, Nicole. Slate!

    My bargains last week were relatively small, but enjoyable. I had fun at AC Moore and Michaels first. Armed with two coupons for AC Moore, I planned to get a nice pair of scissors to cut up woolen clothing for my rug hooking, as my previous "good" scissors were getting impossibly dull. Instead, I bought Fiskars scissors sharpener. Original price $15, but my coupons brought it down to $6.37. And it works! My big Fiskars scissors now "cut like butter," as they say. Amazon has the sharpener for $10 if anyone is interested.

    On the ever-seductive checkout line I picked up a tin of 36 Prismacolor pencils for $8.50 ($18.50 on Amazon). Then on to Michaels, where I looked for a decent wool-blend yarn to whip the edges of a couple of chairpads I'd made. I found Lion brand WoolSpun in the two colors I wanted--on clearance for $2.99 each. I bought four, and with my 20% off coupon, the total was about $9.50.

    Two more stops--one at Salvation Army, where I found a gorgeous tartan wraparound wool skirt from Scotland for $4. Some woolens are so lovely I hate to cut them up, and this is one of them. I went so far as checking the brand on eBay to see if I could sell it (nope). So now it's washed and dried, and some of it is cut into strips for my latest project.

    And finally I always find multiple bargains at my discount food (etc.) store. It's an adventure to go there. My favorite this time was a jar of Alba Even Advanced Night Cream for $5 ($17.60 on Amazon). I love this cream, and wear it during the day too. It's thick, but is absorbed right into my skin, leaving a fairly matte finish.

    User thanked Alisande
  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Went to the local Bargains in a Box on Sunday. Great for cleaning supplies. Bought air freshener solids. Rubbing alcohol. Napkins. Olive oil cooking spray. Most of what i bought there was one dollar. Also went to Family Dollar to buy white t shirts. I am starting to buy medium t shirts again because of the weight loss and picked up some there.

    User thanked User
  • 8 years ago

    There's a Red Line Liquidators in my little country town that often gets in amazing stuff at great prices. I picked up a box of

    1 000 ( Thousand) drinking straws each one wrapped for 1$. And the great thing is they are the heavy paper ones with the wax coating not plastic. A box of 100 latex disposable gloves for 2$...I go thru a lot of these. Great Value toilet paper 18 mega rolls for 4$. If you've never tried the Great Value toilet paper in the RED package I encourage you to. IMO its the best on the market.

    A big 30 pk of Xlarge sized Assurance underpads for 6$ I use them for Little Lil.

    This is stuff I normally buy not stuff I bought because it was cheap. .

    Do any of you have a Red Line that you go to? A few months ago they had big 102 load size boxes of Powdered Tide for 5$...a steal.

    User thanked mamapinky0
  • 8 years ago

    I went to the 20% off sale at big lots. I found some good deals. I got 2 nice size mixing /serving bowls which had been marked down to $2 so a great price with the coupon.

    Queen sheets for the guest bedroom marked down to $20 then the coupon!

    Cushions for my metal outdoor glider $19 for 2 and 20 %off.

    I am making a lot of cobblers for our garden club plant and bake sale next Saturday. I was able to buy all the ingredients there discounted.

    User thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • 8 years ago

    I went to Payless Shoes last week and found a pair of black clogs on sale for $27.00 regular $54.99. When I went to pay, I asked the cashier if they still took AMA for an additional 10% off. She said no, as the shoes were only $10.00. She told me that any shoes with a red tag were $10.00. I told her to hang on a minute and went back and found a pair of sandals, then grabbed a pair of earrings and a necklace. Total price for everything was $27.01. Then I went to the Goodwill store and found a brand new winter jacket (still had the tag on from the original store) for $7.00, but it had a green tag and it was green tag day so the jacket ended up costing me $3.50. Next, stopped at Penningtons because I needed a belt. Found one I liked for $24.99 and went to pay, cashier said that will be $1.04. What??? She said it rang up at $0.99. So, all in all a good shopping day for me.

    User thanked liira55
  • 8 years ago

    Schoolhouse and Bengardening. Thank You for the info on V necks. Sounds like I do need to try the V. Now where did I put my Miracle bra. Lol

    User thanked mamapinky0
  • 8 years ago

    Oh I love that basket. I have a little fetish with baskets and have picked up many that I don't use. I haven't bought any lately, but that doesn't stop me from looking!!

    Not a "fun" bargain...but I saved a ton on a prescription for son. Dermatologist added a new topical antibiotic. I don't know how these programs work but through my insurance between the cost of the medication and copay it would have been $650.00 I was able to get it for $75.00. Phewww!!

    User thanked always1stepbehind
  • 8 years ago

    Bought my husband seven shirts the other day at Goodwill for $8 and $9 a piece. Five of the seven fit, perfectly! They were all great brands, Bill Blass, Perry Ellis, etc. Most either had the tags still on them, or tags from the cleaners and looked like new! So, basically I got five shirts for $40-$45! Took the other two back and got credit for them.

    User thanked Greta Seward
  • 8 years ago

    Visited my favorite farm pond this morning. On my way out, the farmer handed me some fresh eggs and told me to gather my own whenever I'm fishing the pond. $1 dozen. Delicious and cheep, cheep!

    User thanked Michael
  • 8 years ago

    No bargain :o( Love love love date nut bread with cream cheese. Had this Monday. Called and asked how much for a loaf and price is $16. As much as I loved, declined on the purchase.

    User thanked glenda_al
  • 8 years ago

    Found good bananas for 59 cents/lb. I've been munching on those for the past two days.

    I wasn't so lucky with printer ink. I bought some ink today for my HP printer and found that it had increased in price by 30% from 2 months ago. I've run 18,000 sheets of paper through my HP and it may be time to consider replacing it It is showing signs of tiredness. The jump in HP ink cost prompted me to look at an Epson printer today that has much lower ink cost.

    User thanked jemdandy
  • 8 years ago

    I haven't found any good bargains lately. I even totally missed the Big Lots 20% off coupon. I usually get an email but I did not see it this time...bummer because I was waiting for it to stock up on some needed items.

    User thanked arkansas girl
  • 8 years ago

    Glenda wow 16$is pricey for the date nut bread. Have you considered making it yourself and you can invite me to eat it with you LOL date nut is my fav.

    User thanked mamapinky0
  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    I really enjoyed hearing about ALL your GREAT deals!! DANG! YOU ALL are shoppers and a little help from your friends gets $1/doz eggs!


Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida