SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole___

Have YOU found any bargains or deals .......? Hhhhmmmmm.........

nicole___
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I went on a lamp binge. My family room needed lamps. :0) This "circle" lamp is from Perigold. On sale from $510 to ONLY $425! I found it with a square metal base, NWOT $5.50! at a thrift store.

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately?

Comments (43)

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Did it come with extra shades? 😉

(In my house that’d be knocked over constantly.)

nicole___ thanked foodonastump
  • summersrhythm_z6a
    2 years ago

Wow! What a deal!!

nicole___ thanked summersrhythm_z6a
  • Related Discussions

Have you found any bargains lately? Hhhhmmmmm....?

Q

Comments (22)
    I got $42 worth of clothes from Sears for free ( no wonder they are struggling). I’ve been getting $25 in points every week from when I bought my daughter a Kitchenaid mixer for Christmas. It was $350 and I get $25 back every week for 20 weeks. This week I bought my son underwear for &20 for store pick up. I got $10 in points back when I picked them up. I also got a save $7 when you spend $7 coupon on my phone for texting the word SNOW to Sears. 3 pairs of pants , one pair of denim shorts, and a lip gloss and didn’t pay anything.
    ...See More

Have you found any bargains or deals lately? February edition.

Q

Comments (56)
    I found one pair of Hokas today at TJ Maxx. They were 9 1/2 ( I am usually an 8 1/2 or 9) . I tried them on and they were actually pretty comfy.........but they were blue and orange and $79.99. I think if they looked a bit more "normal" I might have bought them. I want to be able to wear sneakers with a little nicer outfit ( like I was wearing today, for when we travel.... still casual but a step up from gym clothes).. These really looked like clown shoes on me and for the price, I just couldn't. But I was excited to see them in TJM. I would have been happy with the ones Jane shared above. These were like medium blue with orange flames. oh well.
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals? May edition

Q

Comments (65)
    Found this antique toy dresser at the GW today. $5.99. Looked it up when I got home--it was made by J.Bubb in London, early 19th century. Found one that sold a few years ago for $225, but it was missing all the escutcheons and 1 pull. Mine is in excellent condition, all hardware intact and with the maker's mark. I can't believe this beautiful toy is almost 200 years old!
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals? June Edition

Q

Comments (29)
    Got this not-pretty microwave cart for DD’s new apt., which has a wonky kitchen with no counter space. Free! I removed the handles and replaced them with chrome handles, and covered the drawer fronts with floral print peel & stick wallpaper that I had leftover from another project. Total cost, around $7. Sorry, I don’t have an ”after” pic. Also from our local Everything Is Free FB page, I got her basic white bedroom curtains and curtain rods, and two kitchen chairs. We are hoping to find some bargains on the local FB Marketplace when we are up there next week. She gets the keys on Mon…DH and I are staying for a couple of days to help. I am not ready for this but apparently she is!
    ...See More
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@foodonastump...With pets I decided ceramic was a bad idea! :0)

• ritamay91710
    2 years ago

Gorgeous! Great find.

nicole___ thanked ritamay91710
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Alisande..Your Pogo is GORGEOUS! You know I love black cats. They are very photogenic. ♥

• vgkg Z-7 Va
    2 years ago

Now that's a Bargain!

Our top 2 bargains are finding a run down Hoosier for $75 and an old style country kitchen sink for $100. Both needed some TLC (at little cost) but they turned out great.

nicole___ thanked vgkg Z-7 Va
  • jewels_ks
    2 years ago

I bought some cycling shoes off of Ebay for $50 that sell for $120 on Nike. I did have to pay shipping, but it was worth it.

nicole___ thanked jewels_ks
  • jewels_ks
    2 years ago

Let me add, the shoes were new.

nicole___ thanked jewels_ks
  • murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    2 years ago

My best bargain was NOT winning an auction bid. A cherry sugar chest (reproduction) was being auctioned off. I stayed in it until my next bid would be over $200. I let it go. So instead I rearranged the furniture in my family room and it looks great and it didn't cost a thing!!!

nicole___ thanked murraysmom Zone 6a OH
  • arkansas girl
    2 years ago

vgkg, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that sink! That is awesome! The hutch is great too but for some reason, I now want a sink just like that one! HAHA!

nicole___ thanked arkansas girl
  • kculbers
    2 years ago

Great topic!! I purchased 7 stretchy plaid tunic tops for 1/2 price (they go great with leggings and skinny jeans). My Mom always said if you find clothing you like, get them in multiple colors. I also purchased Donald Pliner boots for $79 ( they were originally $249).
    Vgkg: I love your Hoosier!!
    Nicole: l love your lamp!!

nicole___ thanked kculbers
  • kculbers
    2 years ago

Summersrhythm: great buy!! I love a great bargain!!

nicole___ thanked kculbers
  • socks
    2 years ago

FYI QVC has free shipping today. If you shop ”as is” sometimes you can find something there. I neither need nor want a thing..

nicole___ thanked socks
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

You guys are rockin' the DEALS! Keep 'em coming.....:0) ♥

I didn't purchase any lamps in quantity. I probably could have RE-sold them on Nextdoor for $30ea & made some side money. :0) ♥ ♥ ♥

I purchased ONE crystal lamp for $5.50, also NWOT. I didn't like the lamp shade, but now I see it in THIS photo....I should put it back on! :0)

• Carrie B
    2 years ago

I had my master bath remodeled last spring. I found this frame in an architectural salvage store for $40, and had glass cut at Lowe's for about $15.

After looking at expensive mirrors, I was thrilled!

nicole___ thanked Carrie B
  • marilyn_c
    2 years ago

My friend found an old album of stamps in a box at an auction. It had a home-made ceramic wash bowl and pitches on top of it. She paid $7 for the box and has sold two of the stamps for almost $6000.

I found two nice pictures at thrift shops, and at Goodwill, I found a floor lamp, that was missing the globe. It is the kind of lamp that has a clear glass chimney going through the middle of the globe. It had the chimney, and there were beautiful prism crystals...some 6 inches long around the part where the globe would sit. It was $12. I bought it for the crystals....they sounded so tinkly when I was driving home, I thought about making an indoor wind chime out of them, but originally, planned to sell them, and the chimney, and the plate that they hung from, as lamp parts on eBay. Missing the globe....I couldn't see buying a globe for it. The lamp really isn't my taste, and I was thinking about how I could find a use for the marble lamp base. A new Goodwill opened in town, so now we have two! :))

The other GW was sending stuff over to the new one to help get it started. I didn't go until late on the first day, because it was so crowded, that I really didn't expect to find anything, but I did go, and they were continually restocking the shelves. On a high shelf, was a lamp globe. I really believe it is the original globe to my lamp. I bought the lamp about two months ago, and probably one of the workers didn't realize that it went with the lamp. The price...$2. I am really glad I hadn't started dismantling the lamp for the parts. And, I rather like it now. I am going to keep it intact.

The pictures that I bought...one was an original watercolor of a pelican sitting on a piling. It is by a well-known artist who lived down the coast in Rockport and was known for his bird and flower paintings. I paid $5.

The other picture is a signed and numbered print called "A Job Well Done" and is a picture of an Arabian horse, head hanging over her stall (face looks like a mare to me), and two kids, sleeping outside the stall...one on a hay bale and one in a chair, and a wreath of roses and a grand champion ribbon in the boy's hand, and the girl, asleep on the bale of hay is holding a copy of Arabian Horse World magazine. Both nicely framed. I paid $6 for it at St Joseph's, another thrift shop.

I have a friend that lives near Galveston and has a shop and sells a lot of nautical type stuff, so I may take the pelican picture to her to sell for me. Also I have a nice brass and glass clock, shaped like a port hole, that I paid $5 for at GW, and I may let her sell that for me also.

I may put the Arabian horse picture on eBay. Right now it is hanging in my office. If it didn't sell, I wouldn't mind.

nicole___ thanked marilyn_c
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

JC Penney just got in their sock slippers.....too late for the Winter season...they put them on clearance for $4.72 ea. They're lined with fake sheepskin fur! :0) I liked them sooooooooooooo much I purchased 3 pairs !

• Alisande
    2 years ago

Nicole, the sock slippers are on sale here for about $9. I wonder why the difference. Fortunately, I didn't need them as my daughter gave me a pair of Muk Luk slipper boots at Christmas. Similar lining.

nicole___ thanked Alisande
  • salonva
    2 years ago

A few posters mentioned this on a similar thread, and then I kept seeing promotions on my various internet browsing ventures so I went for it ( and the fact that it has been insanely cold and I miss walking)-- The 32 Degrees maxi coat. The Coat $44.99 shipped

Mine came last week and I am so pleased.

nicole___ thanked salonva
  • olychick
    2 years ago

What is NWOT?

nicole___ thanked olychick
  • salonva
    2 years ago

Going to guess- New Without Tag

• nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

NWOT = New without tags.....yes The lamps still had the cord wrapped with the original wire, plastic on the shade....but no tag. Maybe the store donated it? or it was used for staging a house that sold?

@Alisande.....I checked the slipper socks price online when I copied the photo....it's higher online than it was IN THE STORE. Also ......my renters had the military move them...and the movers took the curtains and rods in the master bedroom. So I dashed into JC Penney's, they had a gorgeous line of blackout fleece insulated grommet top curtains.....discontinued in 84" length. Regular price $80ea panel....clearance priced @ $9.99. But online I can't find the ones in the other lengths they're keeping....? Then since I spent a bunch on rods & curtains....I earned a $10 reward I applied towards the slippers socks. ♥ ♥ ♥

@salonva...That coat is GORGEOUS! I love the longer length. Did you get the dark blue? I looked that site over when alisande posted about it....they have some GREAT buys! Better than in-store prices for sure!

• salonva
    2 years ago

@nicole___ when I looked, I almost bought it in the dark blue but then went with the black. I think they only have it in the blue now but I would still get it. It looks like it's close to black but kind of iridescent. It even has a pocket inside, and the zipper has 2 heads. (not sure if I am explaining clearly). It's really a great coat.

My only "criticism" is that the slit pockets should have snaps or zippers. Not really a problem but that would have been perfection.

Still $45 shipped to the door is pretty great.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    2 years ago

I bought the down coat in the dark midnight blue. I love it. I went back and ordered the matching vest. And the waffle weave top and pants and a sherpa pull over that is incredibly soft and warm.

I found a nice pretty quilt set for my bed at overstock for $35 for a king size with matching shams. I couldn't pass it up. It's reversible too.

I am so glad I saw the post about the pictures. I ordered one of Mia and I think I will get one of Majic. Great prices.

Now I will go check out the slipper socks!

Keep it up!

nicole___ thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I got a new sewing machine and cabinet recently. Love the new setup but the cabinet is a little smaller with a bit less storage than my old one, which is fine, as it is really more efficient. Anyhoo, I decided to get a sewing basket for some smaller items that I need to grab for mending tasks that will sit in top of the cabinet. This cute black and white check basket was on sale online at Joann fabric plus I got another discount as a new customer. I was happy.

nicole___ thanked OutsidePlaying
  • laceyvail 6A, WV
    2 years ago

Several years back I found a 100% cashmere coat, black, for $0.25. Yes! Looked brand new. Best find I ever made.

nicole___ thanked laceyvail 6A, WV
  • Alisande
    2 years ago

Yesterday I was reading about the cave paintings in France when an ad popped up for t-shirts with designs from those paintings. It said the t-shirts were $6. I usually avoid clicking on unfamiliar links, but something about the ad appealed to me, so I took a look. Their t-shirts are Gildan and similar quality, and everything was well described. Not all the shirts were $6, but I didn't see any over $8. I ended up buying my son-in-law's birthday gifts very early. Every year I give him three t-shirts--usually the rude and funny kind, which he wears to work (he owns his own business)--and I found three great choices on this site. I had to pay shipping (horrors!), but even so, I ended up buying three t-shirts for a total of $30. I usually get them on eBay for $18-20 apiece.

https://6dollarshirts.com/

And for Wordle fans:

https://6dollarshirts.com/knows-words

• salonva
    2 years ago

Wow those are great Alisande! This one speaks to me. ( I am just starting to browse- how is shipping? That' s often the deal breaker for me. but anyway what a cool site!).

• Alisande
    2 years ago

Funny shirt! The shipping was $9.30. I hate to pay shipping--I'm so spoiled--and when that amount was added to my order it almost stopped me from proceeding. But when I looked at the whole picture I realized my normally $60 expenditure had become a $30 expenditure, complete with shirts that made me laugh and would make my SIL laugh, and no matter how it got there, I was pleased with it.

Speaking of shipping, I've been selling things sporadically on eBay for a lot of years, but the cost of shipping items has gotten so ridiculously high that it's really put me off. Those who make their living this way are having quite a struggle. I try (sometimes successfully) to keep this in mind.

• nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I just placed an order for a 48" wide snow shovel. :0) One place was the cheapest by $15...then shipping was MORE than the item! Wowser! I ended up buying it from Amazon, which had cheaper shipping.

@Alisande...I showed DH those T-shirts...sooooooooo funny! lol Good find! ♥

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    2 years ago

Nicole, am I assuming right that this shovel is not one you push yourself? How could you lift something like that?

Shirts are hilarious!

• nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@murraysmom Zone 6a OH....actually, we use a half sheet of plywood to shovel if there's an inch of snow. The plywood is heavy, has splinters. :0) This will take it's place. If it's deep snow...we have a snow blower. The reviews state IF you try to pick up the snow....the plastic shovel will break. It's only for pushing snow off your driveway. :0) The neighbor has one...we watched her use it...looked much easier than the plywood. ha ha Mine arrives Feb 15.

This is our Toro 30" snow blower....it can really blow some snow!!!!!! Shoots it 49 feet! ♥ ♥ ♥ We have 6" today. -12F Has head lights & heated handles.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    2 years ago

OK, that makes some sense. I just couldn't picture picking something that long up. I'm used to just the regular snow shovel although my "shovel" part is heavy plastic so it's lighter than the metal one I use to have.

A neighbor has something I haven't seen before. It's a battery operated "snow shovel" that acts like a blower. Pretty neat. It makes a narrow path and it can't be deep snow but it works pretty good.

• nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Cute apothecary jars. $1.25 ea. from Dollar Tree. Just the right size for Q-tips, cotton-balls....

• functionthenlook
    2 years ago

Nicole, I happened across a video on dollar tree jars. The dollar tree solar light tops fits perfectly in some of their jars. They make cute table top light or hanging lights.

I got free over ripe bananas on Tuesday at the small local grocery store. They had them at the check out free for the taking. Most bigger grocery store only discount or throw them out. I made banana bread that night.

nicole___ thanked functionthenlook
  • LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    2 years ago

Aldi had 1 lb. whole frozen lobster for $10.99 when I was there yesterday. Guess what we are having for dinner!

nicole___ thanked LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
  • functionthenlook
    2 years ago

LoneJack, I'm coming for dinner. I can't remember the last time I had lobster.

nicole___ thanked functionthenlook
  • summersrhythm_z6a
    2 years ago

I have to stop at Aldi today!

nicole___ thanked summersrhythm_z6a
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

My NEW hand-knotted rug just arrived. 6.5x5.1/$180 It replaced a thread bare antique. ♥

• Alisande
    2 years ago

Well, that's a nice price, Nicole! Where did you get it? About 20 years ago I bought some beautiful 60-year-old Persian rugs at Rugman.com. They're beautiful, and the prices were extremely reasonable. But not long after, Rugman's prices shot way up. I haven't looked at the site in years. I'm not sure I would buy more anyway. I love those gorgeous rugs, but this old house is a perilous place for wool.

• nicole___
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Alisande...I thought the price was VERY reasonable for a NEW hand knotted rug. I purchased a used rug($202) from the same online seller because the size(10.5x42") was perfect for in-front-of-my-sink. This seller has NEVER offered larger size rugs NEW.....only smaller ones. He's honest and his prices are pretty low. Link to seller This seller charges about 90% less than Rugman.com THIS rug was my 4th purchase from him.

• Alisande
    2 years ago

Oh, boy . . . looking at that seller's wares, I have the feeling I may suddenly realize there's a spot in my house crying out for a rug. Thanks, Nicole! (I think) lol