SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitch4me1

My dad wants to hit the road...

Kitch4me
5 years ago

My dad is going through a really tough time. The history - My parents were together since they were eight years old, married at sixteen. When my mom died of cancer, two weeks later he was with my aunt. No, they were not involved before then. My mom and her sister had been estranged for twenty + years, but she came to the funeral. I’m assuming my dad and aunt connected then. He sold his business, sold his house and moved to another state with her.

My dad has always been a dreamer and pliable. My mom was the one to reel him In. Since he got with my aunt, they went through all his money (bad business deals and spending) but they had ten happy years. Now, all within six months time, my dads SO (my aunt) died, his brother died, his sister died and then my sister died. Now he is living alone and he’s feeling like he’s pretty much lost everything ( he owns nothing anymore). I’ve been having to help pay for the funerals, give him a car and getting him back on his feet. So, now that I got his finances situated, he tells me today, he wants to pack up his car ( the one we gave him on Thursday) and go on the road. He will just drive and stop at campgrounds and stay in his tent. My dad is 78, in pretty good shape.

I don’t know why I’m sharing this, other than it makes me sad that my dad is unhappy and I can’t help him. As much as this worries me, I don’t want him sitting alone at home. I just have to think what ever happens is meant to be.

Comments (42)