SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrroarke

Need some advice on which Washing machine to get. Not a clue.

mrroarke
5 years ago

I would love some advice and suggestions on a new washing machine. I looked on the forum and looked at multiple reviews and still cannot decide what to get. I am replacing a 7 year old Samsung front loading washer that my wife and I both hate. It has developed a mold problem and my wife has always complained about the lack of water. She claims clothes are always soapy and they never rinse well. I fully realize that part of the problem is probably the way she washes clothes. As this was our first front loading washing machine we probably put in too much soap. My wife was never good about leaving the door open after washes. She routinely washes a load of clothes before she goes to bed and then they sit overnight. As much as she claims she wont do this with the new washer I really don’t know. Im sure she will still have difficulty leaving the door open after she empties the washer. She has never been good about wiping down the rubber seal either.

In terms of budget I prefer not to spend more that $1500 for a washer. I may or may not get a matching dryer so that isn’t an issue at the moment.

We are a family of three. One small child who is seven. My wife has a lot of delicates that she washes. We both have a lot of wool that we wash as well. Our biggest item would be a King Comforter with duvet cover. I would like the ability to fit the cover in the washer but don’t think the comforter will fit. If I have to go to a laundry mat to wash the comforter once a year I will.

At this point I think a top loading machine is probably the way to go. I am open to a front load and even changing the way I wash clothes but really don’t see my wife leaving the door open or wiping down the seal. I was thinking of a Speed Queen but due to the new model issues I will probably pass. I don’t even want an older Speed Queen due to the way they treated one of their resellers after the unfavorable video review was done.

I was thinking about the Maytag Commercial MVWP575GW. Pretty basic and simple. Only concern would be delicate clothes.

Suggestions and advice are welcome.

Comments (7)