SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachael_khairkar

Open concept great room upon entrance with two seating areas

Rachael Khairkar
5 years ago

I am about to move into a house that is being renovated and need some help with color scheme/furniture layouts. In the first photo, the front door to the house is the far right door (covered by a piece of wood). The second photo is the other side of the room and shows where the bay window is to the left. (Sorry for the bad quality photos--I live 4 hours away and this is all I have currently)

We aren't afraid of color and would like to have a subtle moroccan theme that is also cozy. Looking at the layout below, the dining area will be in the bottom right corner with a cherry wood dining table. We currently have a chocolate brown leather chesterfield sofa and a "blue denim" colored love seat that we want to utilize. I am wanting the TV/entertainment cabinet to be in the bottom left 5' nook (shown in the top picture to the left of hallway). Another seating area around the fireplace. We will most likely be painting the fireplace panelling white. So...any ideas on wall colors, light fixtures, and furniture color and layout? We found the global spice sherwin williams paint colors to be helpful so far and here's a link to them https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/inspiration/hgtv-home-by-sherwin-williams/hgtv-color-palettes/global-spice 

Comments (3)