SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_downen

Fixing design in bathroom/tying in to rest of house

Sarah Downen
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Im the second owner of my home. The guy who had it built was nuts. I’m now trying to fix his design SNAFUs. Im slowly taking the home from the single color, beige-yellow he used through through all 3800sf to a geige neutral. (I don’t feel I can go totally cool toned because the huge amount amount of gold toned granite in my kitchen.

My next dillema is my bathrooms. He picked beige-cream tile and back splash (with copper accents) with black granite. And he top mounted the sinks. Smh. My question is: keep the granite or keep the tile? I’m not in love with either. The granite feels dated to be even though it’s starting to have a moment again.. mine isnt the cool new matte stone, mine is shiny and has some blue gray reflects in it. If I change the granite, I have to rip down the back slash anyhow. If I change the tile, I have to also retile the shower, and I then have a greige house with white and black bathrooms.

..have I mentioned I have 5 bathrooms, all done like this?

What way should I approach this? Converting the cream tile so I have a black/white bathroom, or change the granite to cream- maybe more relatable to other tones in the house?

Thanks in advance!

my photos won’t add, so I’m adding them in a comment. The first photo is my house post painting, the rest are my bathrooms.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor