SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mortka

Design Help Needed- Kitchen Remodel

mortka
5 years ago

I'm doing a small remodel to my kitchen to update the look. I've been in my home for 15 years and I've always been bothered by a wall that looks like the cabinets should continue. There are 31 inches of empty wall; I now have my trash can there but plan on removing it and hiding it in a cabinet. If I use your standard 24 inch depth cabinet (just add one to the bottom and top) it does not allow enough clearance for a walk through with my kitchen island. Currently there is a 28 inch walk through to dining room; my kitchen island has a 12 inch overhang with stools that I push under the overhang. My refrigerator also looks like it sticks out to far. Plan: enclose refrigerator with custom cabinet. For empty space: removing current base cabinet next to refrig and get 2 custom base cabinets in either 18 inch or 20 inch depth along with 12 inch wall cabinet or get one angled base cabinet to allow for more walk thru along with 12 inch wall cabinet. I'm planning on redoing my countertops and also plan on shortening the island overhang to 10 inches. See pictures- can anyone help?

Comments (29)