SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erin6412

Realtors or real estate savvy people-WWYD??

chicago erin
5 years ago

realtors or real estate savvy folks-need your input! I have a midcentury ranch house that is in a very desirable part of town-1/2 mile to a vibrant downtown area that is booming. Prices have skyrocketed and my realtor and I overshot asking price and have shot ourselves in the foot. House has been on market 21 days which is a LONG time our market-30 showings and 2 offers that were below appraised price. We have dropped price once already. The other huge issue is that the master bath (renovated to my taste 4 years ago) has only a huge soaking tub, not a shower. Everyone comments on how that won't work for them (which I get). My question is this: I feel we have missed the opportunity for multiple offers and all the "buzz" because we came out too high and need a shower. We are having the tub removed and shower installed and dropping the price from 349 to 335. (it appraised at 345 2 weeks ago) I want to remove the listing for the required 30 days and come out as a "new" listing to re-set the DOM. (with the knowledge that anyone who does research will see that the house was already listed) My realtor wants to drop the price again and add shower and create buzz with new pictures.j She is very savy and experienced, but I would guess her MO (mine would be if I were in her shoes) is to get the listing off her plate. WWYD???? Here is a link so you can see the house:https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/191-Longview-Dr-Dublin-OH-43017/34062655_zpid/

Comments (13)