SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vevmom

Kitchen sink confusion

Virginia Vidoni
5 years ago

We are remodeling our kitchen and want a large sink for clean up. This sink needs to be large because we entertain our growing family and friends often and use large pots and pans. It also may be used for some prep work (we both cook together). The island (10 x 4) sink will be used for the major part of the prep cooking. The Island will sometimes have buffet set up for family and friends. I read wonderful things about the Kohler Stages sink and the Galley sink. I like the pricing on the Kohler. We planned on putting the 45inch Kohler for the clean up sink and Galley 33 inch for the prep sink. Here is my confusion made worse by the fact that I haven't seen either of these sinks in person. The 45 inch Kohler has a ledge which makes the sink smaller than 45 inches and I am not certain that this space is right for large pots. The Galley sink would not be larger than 33 inches because the kitchen designer tells me the max space with the current cabinet design is 36inches. Is the Galley at 33 inches big enough to justify the big price. Is the 45 inch Kohler big enough for the clean up job? Should I press the kitchen designer to make room for a bigger island sink? We have waited years to redo this kitchen and I just want to think it all through carefully.

Comments (29)