SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcwesley_gw

Under Sink Water Heater Confusion

dcwesley
14 years ago

I have what is probably a silly question, but this is a we need to decide on this in the next day or two.

I have thought of having an Instant Hot Water heater for all the reasons mentioned by others - tea, oatmeal, cleaning a knife or cast iron. When I mentioned it to DH he thought it was a great idea. But then I realized we had different visions of what it is.

I was thinking the water from this comes through a different "spout" then the regular kitchen faucet. He envisions something that is feeding the hot water to the main kitchen faucet without having to wait for the hot water to make it thgough the house from the primary hot water heater. He has mentioned seeing a small tankless heater designed for under the sink.

If all we need the hot water for is the kitchen sink perhaps it becomes the same thing? Which might feed into our decision if we should hook the Miele dishwasher to the hot or cold line.

I am SO confused. The electrician comes tomorrow night for the final decisions and begins work next week. I will need to tell him if I want him to wire a water heater.

Do any of my questions even make sense?

Comment (1)