SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fifamom

Vent Hood Dilemma - Same size or wider than range & gap or no gap?

fifamom
5 years ago

What is the 'right' way? Vent hood same size as range? Wider? What about gap on either side?

I cannot find a confirmed rule on this & since we are planning our kitchen reno I want to make sure I get it right.. KD said yes wider and gap.. that will make my wall units on either side smaller but I can live with it.. kitchen wall where range is located is 12 feet to end of cabinet run (with a 3 foot hallway on that side).. she is updating plan for the wider vent.. Range will be 30" with vent hood 36" and 3" gap either side.. I have included photos of the different styles :-)

plan 1 - same size and no gap.. looks squished to me.. (waiting on plan with wider & gap)

cabinets to the right of the hood are currently planned at 2 x 27's so on 1st one i will lose 6 inches total (3" for wider hood + 3" for gap) to make that one a 21" wall cabinet.. to the left we changed an angle for a easy reach wall corner so the cabinet next to the hood will be narrower and i am not sure of the size for that one yet..

same size no gap photo

same size with gap

wider and gap

same size with gap

Comments (9)