SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitchenkrazed09

Need Help Fast - Range Hood Same Size As Rangetop?

kitchenkrazed09
13 years ago

Hello fellow Gardenwebbers,

I need an answer to this question rather quickly, as I am about to place the cabinet order. However, if you do read this post late and have some information to share, I would still be interested in reading it.

I plan to install a 36" Wolf gas rangetop with 6 burners. I would like to order a 36" Modernaire hood with a 15" wide cabinet abutting it on either side, instead of the recommended 42" hood. If I order the 42" hood, the cabinets on either side have to be reduced to 12" wide. The cabinets will be white inset with glass doors and I am afraid they will look too narrow. I would rather have the wider 15" cabinets and I also like the look of a hood that matches the size of the stove or rangetop.

Would it be terrible to decrease the size of the hood? I do some frying, but not an unusual amount. I haven't done indoor grilling before, but would like to try it sometime. If I make sure the CFMs are sufficient, would it be alright to order the 36" hood? Does anyone have their hood the same size as their cooking area that can comment? Do I need to worry that the cabinets flanking the hood will get ruined? Thank you so much!

Comments (19)