SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
persimmonbob

Divisions about pots/containers ?

Monyet
5 years ago

Since most are up to date with soils, Al Tapla comes to mind, knowledge about growing and maintaining your whatever you are growing, the only thing left is pots/ containers.

In my case, i bought 3 kinds: Rootmakers 5 gl ones for young tree's up to 3 years , after 3 years they are going in 15 gl squat containers, 15 gl containers might not be 15 gl depending on brand, some are only 13. I bought these from a local hydroponic store and also from A/M Leonard, from them i bought 15gl, 20 gl squats and i have some 25 gl ones for my larger tropical tree's.

The ones i buy from A/M are very flimsy but very tuff which i like because when i do repotting i lay the tree's on their side and pull the container right out from under the tree, prune them and stick them right back in, no damage.

The difference between you and me is i live in the country and i don't have to be spiffee nice looking.

My tree's have to cover that part that is part of their job.

As far as sunheat is concern no problem, i call it summer root pruning, if you keep your soil moist heat will get transfer to the middle of the pot. All my containers are ugly black, not for show but when the tree get bigger it is not an issue anymore. My 90* summer temps are too short to worry about.

So squats means less exposure.Well, i better stop now.

Comments (18)