SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyinri

Kitchen Plan and Double Wall Oven Question

NewEnglandgal
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

This is my kitchen plan. I also have a picture of how it would look below and you can see in the picture where I will be switching the refrigerator and double wall ovens. There is a pantry cupboard next to the wall ovens and a pantry closet will be close to the pantry cupboard.

My island will be turned the opposite of what is in the picture below and will not have a sink in it like the second picture shows.

I will also have a vent hood over the cook top and take out that cabinet that looks like it does not fit in that is above the cook top. I am thinking white cabinets with a dark blue island (picture below)..

I had double wall ovens in my last kitchen. While I did not use the second one much, when I did for holidays or family gatherings it came in handy. If I have a double wall oven I am not sure where I would put the microwave. My last house it was on a shelf in the pantry and it was a pain in the butt.

For those of you without double ovens, what do you do when you have holidays or are cooking for a lot of guests? Someone mentioned to me to have a wall oven and the microwave on top and then put a regular range oven where the cook top is. Not sure how I feel about that? If I did that it would take out a cupboard below the cook top. I haven't considered a microwave/convection (like in the picture below) because they have barely any room in them.

Any thoughts, suggestions on the plan and my double oven issue?

This is what I am thinking for cabinet colors. Thoughts?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath