Am I the only woman who could care less about becoming a grandmother?
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (53)
Related Discussions
Am I the ONLY one who doesn't care about fragrance?
Comments (58)Jackie, Good for you! Fragrance is very important. BUT, most of the time, I can't smell most of my roses. The Rugosa Rotesmeer is the only rose I grow which consistently provides me scent. I can also smell myrrh which is probably why I like it. I can pick up a little wafting scent as I walk through the garden. It is light and pleasing. But, disappointing when you figure I have at least 30 very fragrant roses. On the other hand, the fragrance of the butterfly bushes is overwhelming. And I love my "Miss Kim" too. So fragrance is not necessary to allow me to love my roses....See MoreAm I the only one who couldn't care less about the Super Bowl?
Comments (59)Actually, my wife is a bigger fan of watching football than me. We watch when the Packers are playing. The packers did not play in the super bowl this year, ergo, we made no effort to watch - did catch part of Bruce Springsteen's 1/2 time show. I understand that the Steelers made fantastic 100 yd run to their goal following an interception at the opponents goal line - what a save!...See MoreAm I the only one who dislikes the non custodial BM?
Comments (5)Not that this is any help, but...me and my wife have this term we call 'trusting your mother'. Background: My wife's mom plays a bit fast and loose with reality. She gets an idea (like, say, buying a house), parlays it into a huge all-encompassing scheme, and then (for the sake of argument -- not a real example) blows all her money on a trip to vegas. Or something along those lines. So if we happen to get pulled into all her shenanigans, believe her, go along with her, trust her, and then get burned in the end -- well, we're guilty of 'trusting her mother'. We *know* what she's like; we just get suckered in because the archetypical 'Mother' wouldn't screw us over either through malice or through sheer cock-ups. Unfortunately we don't deal in archetypes in the real world. So, anyway 2 things: as far as generic forgive and forget -- you know what this person is like. Your kids know what she's like as well. Make any plans for the kids future *counting on the fact* that their BM won't help in any way, won't be involved in any way. Hopefully (at least my opinion based on your brief blurbs) she *won't* be involved. (In as much as we'd like other people to live out satisfying morality plays we script for them in our heads, the best way to deal with these folks I've found is *not* to deal with them, preferrably from a great distance away.) If she is involved in some constructive manner, then, hey, pleasant surprise. At no point should you depend on her or trust her to carry anything through, however. If you do -- well, you're trusting your mother. The other thing relates to your statement "their continual abuse, stupid allegations, and childish theatrics". Not sure exactly what you're referring to here, but if they're causing you real problems, costing you real money (beyond caring-for-the-kids money -- I mean lawsuits and such), then talk to a lawyer or a mediator and find out if there's anything you can do about it. Be prepared for the real consequences of this. (Personally, if it's just, as my sainted uncle wound say, 'happy horseshit' I wouldn't mind so much -- I'd sit back and laugh as these folks dug themselves ever deeper into petty ridiculousness. But if it's serious, then treat it as serious and maybe they'll learn to play nice.)...See MoreAm I the only one who doesn't use a Crock Pot?
Comments (64)I found this pork chop recipe originally on pinterest. Since I use my Aroma multi cooker I can do it all in one pot because I set it on saute first to brown the meat and cook the onions etc then just switch it over to the slow cooker setting for how ever many hours it calls for. Yay! only one dirty pot that is a breeze to clean. I usually serve it with some type of rice and add the sauce over the rice as a gravy. I like the very thick bone in chops but I have done this with thick boneless pork loin chops too, there's only the 2 of us. Crock Pot Maple Dijon Pork Chops Ingredients: 2 large bone-in pork chops 1 large yellow onion, chopped 3 tbsp pure maple syrup 2 tbsp dijon mustard 1/4 cup cider vinegar 1/4 tsp salt 1/8 tsp pepper 1 tbsp vegetable oil Directions: Heat up the oil in a large skillet over high heat. When hot, add the pork chops and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Sear both sides of chops over high heat (about 2 minutes per side) then transfer to your Crock Pot. Lower the heat to medium low and add the onions. Cook until onions are just starting to soften then add the cider vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 more minutes and then pour sauce over chops in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Serve chops drizzled generously with sauce....See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

FUN HOUZZEverything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
LIFEWhat I Learned About Moving a Loved One to a Retirement Home
Setting up an elderly family member’s apartment in an assisted-care facility is a labor of love for this Houzz writer
Full Story
THE POLITE HOUSEThe Polite House: What Can I Do About My Neighbors’ Trash Cans?
If you’re tired of staring at unsightly garbage way before pickup day, it’s time to have some tough conversations
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES4 Lessons I Learned About Color in 2017
Toss out the rulebook and consider this designer’s insights into choosing and combining color at home
Full Story
HEALTHY HOMEHow to Childproof Your Home: A Grandmother’s Wisdom
Change kids’ behaviors, not your entire house, to keep the designs you like and prepare children for reality
Full Story
SMALL KITCHENSThe 100-Square-Foot Kitchen: One Woman’s $4,500 DIY Crusade
Teaching herself how to remodel, Allison Macdonald adds function, smarter storage and snazzier materials
Full Story
GARDENING FOR BIRDSWild Birds Transform a Woman’s Garden and Life
How Sharon Sorenson created a wildlife haven and became the Bird Lady of Southern Indiana
Full Story
TINY HOUSESHouzz TV: Step Inside One Woman’s 140-Square-Foot Dream Home
You may have seen the story on Houzz — now check out the video tour of Vina Lustado’s warm and welcoming tiny house
Full Story
COFFEE WITH AN ARCHITECTWhat My Kids Have Taught Me About Working From Home
Candy and Legos aren't the only things certain small people have brought to my architecture business
Full Story
COFFEE WITH AN ARCHITECTA Few Things I Would Like to Ask Frank Lloyd Wright
It could take a lifetime to understand Frank Lloyd Wright's work — less if we had answers to a few simple questions
Full Story
Rosie