SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_807220549

Back from holiday to find maggots in bathroom, help me before I spew!!

HU-807220549
5 years ago

So, I've been on holiday for a week. And I came home yesterday around tea time. All was well. At around 8, I noticed two worm/maggot things in the toilet, thought it was gross but some drain thing (drains aren't great in my house) and flushed. This happened another 3 times. So I followed online advice, and bleached. (I bleach the toilet 2x anyway weekly as drains are rubbish). Then, before bed, I noticed two on the floor. This has happened a further 5 times, only one or two at once.
I have since gutted the bathroom, and used bleach and bleach sprays all over it. And I thought I solved the problem as there had been none all day. But I just found another. Now I think maybe there falling from the bathroom fan, which is in the middle of the ceiling, and I am finding them roughly in the centre of the floor.
It's driving me mad, it's disgusting, it's embarrassing and seriously grossing me out, it's also my only bathroom!!!
The loft in above my bathroom, however the bathroom ceiling is panelled, i checked the loft, there's no smell of any kind, no dead animal etc.
Can they be falling from the fan? Also, I am aware maggots are fly/moth larvae, but there is not a single fly in the house! I hate the buzzing of flies, and have a spray in every room. But I haven't seen any since coming home. My house/bathroom is clean, honest! In fact, I had family stay before going off on holiday together so it was extra clean!! Where the hell are they coming from?!?!?

Comments (6)