SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilly316

Help me before I slit my wrists!

Lily316
16 years ago

For some totally unknown reason one (or more) of my cats is pooping and peeing in the kitchen at two separate locations. I am going nuts. Absolutely nothing traumatic has happened. A month ago we had a bathroom remodel but they were fine then and the contractor came in the front door and I put the cats behind the french doors so they never even had contact with him. Since they never leave the house, I don't buy flea meds unless when combing them I see evidence. Nothing until a few weeks ago and then not so bad. I never saw or had one jump on me and very little when they were combed. But I Frontlined all of them like I have done before . These are the original wood floors to the 1840 house and I wash them well every time this happens and spray with Natures Miracle. Today I did that and spread lemon verbena from my garden all over the place and a awhile ago I went out and there was a pile of poop and urine across the room . If I could only catch them at it. Since it's a hefty amount I eliminated some cats. My 18 year old boy makes the trip to the litter box despite his infirmities and one cat is too little to make that much of a mess.. I know it's not Henry or Phoebe, so that leaves Nellie or her daughter Annie..both 17 pounds of lard who are attached by the hip. The last cat came into this house 13 months ago and he's not the problem and in fact one cat left about 8 months ago. Izzy was a foster and a real problem for the "girls". I was thinking since I can never catch them, I would just eliminate them one by one. No, I'm not going to shoot them but remove them temporarily to my carriage house w/ food and litter and water. If the behavior stops, wait a few days and bring who ever back in the house. Would that work? I am going crazy here. I have seven cats, and never ever has it been like this.

Comments (27)