SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sd2102

Philodendron pink princess new leaves are brown

sd2102 (8b PNW)
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I have a philodendron pink princess that I bought just over a month ago. It had one all pink leaf that quickly developed a brown spot after I repotted it- I thought it may have just been shock from repotting or sunburn from being exposed to light too quickly since it was mailed to me.

After that, a new leaf emerged but it started turning brown before it uncurled. I've attached a picture of that leaf. I realized that an a/c vent was blowing in the direction of the plant (though it was several feet away) so I moved the vents slightly. I was hoping that would solve the problem but now there's another new leaf emerging that looks like it may also be turning brown on the edge.

I have it in a mixture of potting soil, small orchid bark and pumice- the same soil mix I use with all my tropical plants. It has a drainage hole, I water it when it's dry 1-2 inches down but before it completely dries out and it's near an east facing window but not directly in front of it. I live in DC and don't like to crank the a/c so my place is somewhat humid during the summer.

I've attached a few pictures below. Disregard what looks like bumps in the 3rd picture- I just watered the plant and accidentally sprayed the leaf.

Does anyone have any ideas about what might be happening?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County