SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
makethechange

Do I have too much dark roof to paint my house BM graystone?

makethechange
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I need to finalize a color for my house in the next day or two and it's just been agonizing. I keep going back and forth between BM platinum that has a cooler look or BM Graystone that is a warm gray. I have a lot of cream colored driveway to the side of the house that doesn't show in this picture but it doesn't look great with the platinum grey. The graystone has a brown gray look which is good with the driveway and the walkway stones but I'm wondering if it's too much with the roof. The trim with be simply white and I'm thinking the door color with be a deep blue to pick up the blue in the roof. The large window will be getting trim so ignore how strange that looks. Also there is a windowbox that will be reattached to lengthen the large window. I want it to look crisp, not heavy. I've looked at some of the colors that are lighter than graystone but are in that family like gray huskie and coventry but I'm

thinking they won't read like much outside. The house is much taller looking in the back but the front is pretty short and I'm worried it will all blend together in spite of the white trim.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus