SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olychick2

Any Canada border crossing experts here? Cross posted to Kitchen Table

Olychick
5 years ago

I've been on the computer for hours trying to find a simple list of things I can or can't take into Canada for a vacation. I'll be traveling with my grandson, staying at a hotel stateside then going to a hotel across the border. I'd love to be able to just pack the food we will need for snacks in the car and hotel without having to scout out a supermarket and find things. I know all is available in Canada, but he has food restrictions/allergies and particular tastes, I like to buy organic and just am not sure what stores will be handy for us. The websites run by the Canadian Gov't do not seem to be specific or user friendly for finding specific items....

So, do you know...can I take some of those little shelf stable cartons of milk? Small containers of yogurt, blueberries and grapes, precooked bacon, almond butter and bread, string cheese? For me: my favorite coffee, ground for brewing in the hotel room.

Anything on this list that you know won't make it across - of course, I will declare it all, but hate to have it taken away at the border. I suspect the fresh fruit might not make it, but is there fresh fruit you know can go across?

Thanks!

Comments (23)