SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa616_gw

Cross post! Kitchen countertop fiasco!

lisa616
12 years ago

I posted this in kitchens...but then thought this really is more of a decorating question! Help?? I have cultured granite countertops...15 years old. Out of the BLUE....the one (of course..the long one) countertop has warped terribly. Completely lifting off the cabinets. The company that installed said the only thing that makes it do that is heat. Well, I'm here to tell you that heat didn't hit this countertop. The whole thing has warped up. A marble would roll from one end of the kitchen to the other. Anyway...its also cracked and stained (babysitter spilled nail polish remover). So..long winded explanation to my question. The counters are brownish, purply...speckled color. Love it..but it's discontinued. The island is a beige with taupe specks. I like the look of 2 colors.. I'm trying to decide what to replace my countertops with? Would you do cultured granite again so the material matches the island? Or would another solid surface, such as milestone work? Or concrete? I'm so confused..this isn't a project I thought I'd ever have to face in this house. Here's a few pics of the kitchen.

Thank you to any suggestions or advice! This will be my Christmas present to myself...and a new dishwasher while I'm at it!

Comments (15)