SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cerileen

Bring it on - Family Room Furniture Placement & Scale? +++

cerileen
5 years ago

Hello! What do you think about my attempt to scale out my family room below? Sofa length toughest for me... B chairs - scale if swivels?!? Tons more info below. And any other thoughts you are willing to share!

To explain the floor plan - I have EDUCATED guesses on the room and rug measurements called out, while the architectural plans are real measurements. We changed the wall of windows to 4 windows + french doors - faces the backyard. The left wall is a fireplace + TV with built-ins on either side.

Beach colors overall but actual colors and fabrics of each piece to be settled AFTER I choose pieces because most have flexibility of custom upholstery

Sofa - I guessed 85" at the time of making my drawing, but I'm really uncertain on this. How does that compare to the scale of the neighboring swivel chairs? The scale of the room? The scale of the fireplace? UGH. Textured fabric with variation in blues like last photo attached - weird crop shows my computer savvy :(.

Chair(S) A - A wing chair - reading spot that can enjoy a backyard view or conversation or a quick rest while waiting for water to boil :). Front Gate Emery Wing Chair or CB Luxe wing (both attached). Solid Blue or patterned fabric that pulls room together.

Chair B - Two leather swivel chairs. Looking at Arhaus Dune, but only have photo of VERY similar Crate Barrell Axis II chair; Dune has T-shaped cushion. Swivel allows pivot to conversation, toward kitchen, or toward TV. Will 40" swivels work here? Mushroom colored leather.

Sofa options -- Looking at Ethan Allen Arcata (attached) or Arhaus Dune (not attached, but similar lines to the Arcata but doesn't have the wood all around the bottom) or rounded arm Arhaus Rockway (attached in chair shape but you can get an idea of the profile). These various lines can get me sofas from 88" - 110". Also, should sofa arms be track like the swivel? Or is it better to mix it up? The swivel are track arms and the Rockway sofa has a curve to it. How should the rug size - the 14 foot side - compare to the sofa length?

Thank you!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!