SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evan_cabell

Need help filling empty wall space around TV etc!

Evan Cabell
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi everyone!

I just moved into a new home and am having some major design dilemmas on how to make proper use of the massive amounts of empty wall space I have. I go for very clean lines and contemporary look and feel, which you can probably gather from the photos but in terms of the area around the sides of the TV / above the TV and on the left hand wall, I'm at a loss for how to really properly and cleanly fill out that empty space!

Also it is worth noting that we have a 7 piece white leather sectional coming in soon to replace the black sofa. Everything is subject to change if you have a great idea please let me know :)

This is the empty space I was talking about that I don't know what to do with :(

Let there be light haha! :D

Photo from the front and center, the desk and monitor are no longer there and were replaced by the table and lamp.

Another question for another area, on the right hand side, there's a long window, with some space between the top of the window and the ceiling. You can see that area in this photo before I put anything inside:

Point A, I was thinking about putting a small bookshelf or a narrow console table with a lamp or some books / greenery on it?

Point B, I was thinking about two small square framed photos lined up vertically?

Point C, I was thinking about running three large-ish square contemporary canvases running horizontally above the windows, but I don't know if that would be too much.

Opinions?

I'm just trying to figure out what I could add to the space and where to put any accent pieces of furniture / paintings to really bring this space together and turn it from a room with furniture, to a room of solidarity.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH