SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michellescd

New house stuck in 1985.. Need decor/reno advice on the cheap

Michelle C
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

House stuck in 1985- We don't have a lot of money to renovate/decorate, so cheap fixes are appreciated, but I'll listen to any ideas!

We like modern, mid century, scandinavian, which would fit the house.. and some bohemian, parisian, antique farmhouse (which may be hard to pull off in this house right now).

Planning to add a lot of plants which I hopefully don't kill off.

Living room.. we plan to pull up the pink carpet, put wood down, and paint those walls white.

I think we will get another couch to replace that one instead of reupholstering.

May paint the gold around fireplace, black matte.

Bar room.. I was thinking to paint black, maybe a black with a hint of navy. See inspo below all these pics. Because the bar is wood, I was thinking we'd eventually do some kind of tile flooring, but not sure. Will also probably pull the wine rack above bar because it's kind of tacky (hard to see in photo)

Not sure if we should even touch the maroon bathroom until were ready to do the whole thing.

White bathroom.. new sink and cabinet above mirror? Any stylish affordable ideas?

Kitchen.. also not sure if we should touch for awhile. I thought to maybe paint the red color on the cabinets black..or white (whole set of cupboards on other side of kitchen not shown)

Thank you!

Black room inspo

Comments (57)