SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holly_stockley

Custom Wallpaper - Experiences and reviews?

Holly Stockley
5 years ago

Hi, all!

I'm shopping for wallpaper for a new build. I'm not loving a lot of what I find in the books at local shops, or even online. I'm not a modern girl, and we're working on something of a "new old" house. I'm thinking I'll probably end up going the custom route. (We saw a parade home this Spring that had a recreated historical wallpaper in the powder room - stunning!).

So - has anybody ever ordered and used custom paper from Spoonflower or another site? What are your thoughts about ordering, customer service, and the quality of the product. I will, of course, order swatches before actually getting paper. I've gotten digitally printed fabric in the past and not been all that thrilled with the depth of color and general appearance of the product. Hoping the paper products are better.

(Yes, I know it can be a pain to remove. Yes, I know to size/paint the walls. Yes, I even know how to hang paper. Though this time I will probably leave it to the pros).

What are your favorite sites? Who would you buy from again? And who would you not?

Comments (22)