SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy_mullins8

I need 3/4" hardwood flooring, please help me!! :)

Kathy Mullins
5 years ago

Hi there everyone! I am building a small house and need approx 1000sq ft of 3/4" hardwood flooring. I live within reasonable distance from the well known (but not always liked) Lumber Liquidators. I OF COURSE want the least expensive flooring I can find, but I don't want issues with it either. Most issues I have read online are with people buying other types of flooring (i.e. engineered).

Can someone PLEASE help me. Where should I buy my flooring? Should I buy it unfinished or finished? Looks like Lumber Liquidators only sells the 3/4" unfinished, which I would THINK would give me the most for my money. I currently live in a house where we had the floors completely sanded down and refinished 10 years ago and I'm happy with how they held up. They were finished with stain and polyurethane purchased at Lowes. 5 coats of polyurethane.

Should I buy from Lumber Liquidators? I've called some area sawmills but none seem to offer hardwood flooring. I'm in Waynesboro, VA, new house is in Charlottesville, VA, so anywhere within reasonable distance, or should I buy online?????

Any tips for what to buy other than what I think is pretty and economical? :)

Thanks so much!!!!!

Comments (6)