SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michaelacdavis

Kitchen Changes, needing some direction!

5 years ago

Hello! We are closing on our home this week and need some help making decisions on our kitchen updates. The previous owner did updates themselves but we just are not fans of the look of it. We are hiring someone to refinish the cabinets and install backsplash to start. We cannot afford to do the counter tops just yet (lots of other repairs and projects to do) but will as soon as we can, so I'm ok with the cabinets/back splash not matching the counters for a short while!

So basically I want to have navy, dusty blue(maybe?), grey, and white/marble as my possible colors in the kitchen. The walls in the house are a nice pale grey already so I want the cabinets to stand out, but I don't want white cabinets. I was thinking navy blue but I'm afraid of it being too dark! Maybe medium grey or light blue?? For backsplash I think I would like to do a large herringbone possibly or a bold printed tile, but again I'm not sure what color as well as not sure of what size tile. I DO know I want white/marble countertops eventually.

I'm including several photos of our current set up. I'm basically just looking for some opinions/direction! I'm having a VERY hard time visualizing everything in the space and I'm not photoshop savvy enough to do a mock up! I appreciate everyone's input!!

Comments (15)