SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Moved two weeks ago...some pics of old/new house

Sueb20
5 years ago

Still a work in progress, especially now that we had a bathroom leak which is turning into A Project... but here's where we are!

We didn't do anything to the kitchen, just painted walls and got a new fridge. Obviously these photos are not "staged" -- shows real life, I guess!

We did the powder room over before we moved in. It was a sad, ugly little room before. Hard to get a good pic as it's so tiny.

The dining room isn't as green as it looks here. Thanks to everyone here who weighed in on the choice of light fixtures a while back. We are really happy w/ our choice.

Living room into dining room. I will be tweaking these shelves until the day we move out. They were painted red by PO. We repainted and then I stenciled the back wall.

In the background you can see the DR windows have not been painted, because they're being replaced. All of the trim in the room was either painted peach (wainscoting) or stained a weird gray color. We painted the trim but kept the fireplace wood, which hasn't been finished yet.

New square coffee table is coming next week.

The sitting room/parlor/library. I love reading in the red chair. We have a new chair coming to replace the blue one, which isn't very comfy. I'm not quite settled with this room, feels like it needs an additional chair or something. And larger art over the shorter bookcase -- I was trying to create some symmetry with the taller bookcase but didn't quite make it.

Upstairs den/TV room/teen hangout. This is basically where we put all the furniture that we didn't have another place for. It's a messy, cozy room.

Master bedroom. This room was peach with a red accent wall.

My kids' rooms are not quite suitable for viewing. ;-) And my home office room is a dumping ground at the moment. We all feel at home here already and are enjoying the new neighborhood and our big front porch!

Comments (46)