SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannon_wi

Want Windows that blinds can easily hang in the frames - Marvin?

Shannon_WI
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I replaced one bedroom's old windows (full replacement including frames) with Marvin Ultimates. Just a couple windows. Looking to replace a couple more windows in another bedroom. The Ultimates were awesome the past winter. BUT I can't hang cellular blinds inside the frames. The blinds' headrail is too deep, even though they're not the big cellular shades. The previous old (crappy) windows hung cellular blinds easily inside the frame. It's the same size jamb, right, since the new Ultimates replaced the old windows, it's not new construction.

I remember the contractor said my home's window jambs are 5-7/8" (or maybe he said 5-5/16"), but the issue seems more in how the Marvin Ultimate frames have jogging strips of wood within them - hope I am explaining this so you know what I mean.

Now I need to replace windows in another bedroom. I just don't want to deal with this blinds issue again which is a shame since Marvin Ultimates are really great otherwise. Looking for suggestions on other companies' windows which will fit cellular blinds.

Also, I don't want the blinds inside the window panes so I am asking that please do not suggest that.

I wonder if the Marvin Wood-Ultrex frames might have fewer jogging pieces? I read here that Pella does not get the love, but I saw Pella Architect quickly on display and it seemed their frames are without so many jogging strips and would fit blinds headrail. Would really like your thoughts.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living