SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jay6a

Kimchi, who likes it ?

Jay 6a Chicago
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I like a lot of Asian food. A good pho, or bowl of Thai seafood soup (with mushrooms). I heard a lot of things about kimchi like, all Koreans love it. They even eat it at breakfast. The Korean olympic team in Brazil had a major crisis when their kimchi didn't arive on time. I tried kimchi for the first time around 6 months ago. It wasn't bad. It gave my mouth a strange sensation. Probably something to do with the fermentation. As I've continued eating it since, I've grown to like it more, and sometimes I even crave it. I still don't think I would have it for breakfast, unless maybe it was put into a pancake, and kimchi pancakes are a hot, new item. I want to try making my own. I have already gotten the Korean chilli peppers which have their own unique taste, and are essential for this recipe. The salted shrimp paste is hard to find except online, but it's considered optional for the recipe, and can be substituted with fish sauce. Just wonderring who has tried kimchi, or who has made it ?

Comments (41)