SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie_iles

Need bathroom help - no storage + too much tile

A I
5 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm brand-new to Houzz (and a brand-new homeowner, as of this Friday!). The master bath in my new 2br condo was built in 1995 and really hasn't been touched much since, with the exception of a new vanity.

My dilemma is space usage: a giant Jacuzzi tub takes up most of the room, there is no storage (no medicine cabinet or drawers), and the walls are 50-75% tiled.

I plan on doing a big renovation in 1-2 years (and will be back on this forum for advice then!), so for now my most pressing concern is how to create storage given the cramped layout and tiled walls, and how to make it feel more open and bright. I'm especially interested in tips or advice on;

• How or whether I can hang shelves on the tiled walls
  • Storage solutions for under the vanity that would have the same ease as drawers -- I'm admittedly not tidy by nature, so anything that requires too much effort to put away will end up staying on my counter forever, to the dismay of bathroom-sharers
  • If you think I should keep the vanity after the reno. My realtor said it is really nice, so I hate to waste the value, but I also wonder whether more value could be added by replacing it with something more functional.

Thank you for any help or guidance!!

Comments (11)