SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisydoodler

I need help with painted coffered ceiling...

daisydoodler
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I am painting my room sherwin williams agreeable gray. I originally was going to paint the coffered part of the ceiling, mega greige. I have since decided that it is too dark, and pulls too much brown. I thought about anew gray, on the same color swatch, but I thing it is a little boring, and maybe too light. The room adjacent to that room is painted silver strand. So then I thought about going to magnetic gray or unusual gray, on the same color swatch as silver strand. I think unusual gray pulls too much green. Don't know if magnetic gray will compliment agreeable gray, or if it is too light too, but does add a soft color to the room. This room is flooded with natural day light, but the room is decorated with a lot of dark furniture. Two different painters suggested painting the rest of the ceiling either semi gloss or flat white. I will attach the photos of the ceiling. Normally I would think the beams would look good with the semi gloss, but the perimeter of my ceiling is attached to the beams, so the semi gloss probably will not look right. I need help!! My painter is annoyed with me, and put my job off to complete it, until I decide what I want. I'll attach some photos. Paint suggestions???

Comments (3)