SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cliu8918

Master bathroom layout help please!

lc
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Last year, I had posted my plans and gotten some feedback. Here is the master suite that I posted back then.

I was told that the vanities should be one unit. Anyway, that was the general layout I was going with.

Now, I am in the middle of the remodel plus addition. We tweaked the layout a bit (reduced the size of the master suite) but did not change the footprint. After the new foundation is poured, we found out the jog in the wall on the left side is not where the plan specified. The jog is where the addition ties in with the existing foundation. The new foundation also ended up wider than what is specified in the plan. Because of the new location of the jog, I will need to change the master bathroom layout and the location of the windows and doors. Here is a mockup of the new footprint.

My current thoughts are to swap the location of the toilet and the bathtub along with the windows, push the shower against the bathtub like a wet room, dual vanity along the top right wall, and use the area where the shower use to be as the entry from the master bedroom. What do you think? The jog makes things difficult. What other layouts might work? Thanks!

Comments (5)