SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
signet_gw

A question for you folks who have been growing daylilies......

signet_gw(6b)
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

for a very long time . I bought ( perhaps stupidly ) Xylophone Jazz last year . .It seemed to be doing well but this spring I was pretty sure I had lost it . So I dug up the spot and discovered the base of the crown and roots were good but the top of the crown had crown rot. I removed the rot and soaked the daylily in peroxide and then let it sit out to dry for a couple of days. Then I potted it and put it under lights.

Skip ahead to 2 month later. It survived and has put out two fans one on either side of each other from the bottom of the crown . My question is this ......is it possible to slice the crown in half vertically , Let dry and repot as 2 separate plants. or will this just very clearly kill the plant . I dont want to lose this plant , It was an expensive purchase and I am happy to have rescued it but the fans look odd spiking out on either side of the crown .

Any thoughts on if I should try to split or should I leave well enough alone and just plant it out again this time in a more protected spot.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting