SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beth7happy

Where did I leave off??

beth7happy
5 years ago

The last 10 months have been a bit of a blur! In September - the 10th and 11th, to be exact, hurricane Irma hit us. We had no injuries, and the house still stands - older, more battered and showing age, but just as loved! The entire property flooded and we had to move out during the upheaval and repairs. I'm not writing to complain or get sympathy, lol, nope! We are blessed to still have a home. Then, my sweet MIL had a really bad time (almost 96) and we had to clear out a room and put some things into storage once again. She lived with us here, and I cared for her until she very recently passed away.

Well, just today I put curtains back at the patio sliding door and need to hem them! Well, you know I needed my very favorite (large!) pincushion and remembered that there was ONE box lost during the flood mess! Of course, near as I can tell, that box contained my old button box, my small box of handy sewing tools - the one with Everything that you carry right next to whatever project you are working on - never more than five feet away!! Also missing is a treasured wooden bowl that I used for safety pins when quilting, AND my beloved pincushion that one of our foster kids gave me over 40 years ago. (sigh).

Once again, I went to get my pin cushion and remembered it is still missing. Now, I know I can make one, and will need to because I'm sure there are none to compare with mine!! I was going to google instructions, then remembered my old friends on the forum - and I do see still some familiar names! I once posted a picture of that pin cushion - maybe it's still here. My biggest question is, what should I 'stuff' for the insides??? Anyone have any experience in this realm??

Hopefully I can be back quilting soon, now! I had to pack up a quilt top that was ready to cut back in August - fabric is all washed n ever'thin!!!!

Hi to all of you!!! Hope things are good in your world!!! Beth

Comments (12)