SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meluky

barn doors, pocket doors or french door?

meluky
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I have a 76" opening for an office space that I am looking to put in a door with glass panes. Most of the time the doors will be open except for the times that I will need to cut down noise. This will probably only be about 5% of the time. The other 95% of the time, these doors will be open. I am thinking of putting in a glass pocket door but not sure if this is easy to do once sheetrock is up. There is no trim around this opening as I just put in this office room as an addition off the dining room. I think the barn door would probably be the easiest but I am worried that this may be a trend that will go away in time. In addition I have space up on top for a transom which I would like to keep as well. The french door can fit into this space, and I could do the transom and sidelights to have light coming through. But if I keep the french door open most of the time, not sure it makes sense to put in a french door. That is why I was thinking of the pocket door (with a transom but no sidelights). Any thoughts or advice?

Comments (14)