SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bristroph

Gardenweb is working for me!

junco East Georgia zone 8a
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I thought I would describe the things that are working for me. I have no idea why they are, but maybe someone else, or Emily, will find this helpful.

I am using a Dell laptop with Windows 10 and Chrome. I am able to post to several forums. I see Using Houzz as a topic at the bottom of my list of topics, even though I didn't select it.

When is go to the right of the screen to Stories & Advice, under it I see the latest comments on all the topics under my topics. Am I the only one who sees this? I still would like to see latest activity from across all topics but I am happy to have this.

I see the box with top commenters and think it is silly and should go away.

When I posted a few days ago, I was able to select reasonable forums to crosspost to. In the discussion, we realized that the suggested topics are different depending on if you come from GW or Houzz. I don't know what this means and I don't want to try going in from Houzz for fear I'll get stuck there. When I went back to my post the next day, I realized that the edit button was still there. I will try to find that and see if it is still there.

I appreciate that we can go "back" now, the page numbers, and the beginnings of better alphabetization. Until that is completely fixed, on my screen I am able to search topics, which takes me to wherever that topic is shown on the master list. Again, I am looking at this from the GW side.

I will edit this if I am able when I find more things that work.

ETA: I was able to find the post from several days ago and could still get into it to edit. I tried a search under "topics"--I put "home" and one forum showed up under GARDEN and several such as home decorating under HOME but "home decorating conversations" didn't show up at all even though I have already selected it for "my topics".

Everytime I post or edit and repost, when I click next to go to the page to select topics to post into, kitchen is selected, as well as Using Houzz for this one. Maybe because Emily posted to both kitchens and using Houzz.

Comment