SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whirlwindgirl

Help me pick a new cell phone?

I currently have an iPhone 5s. The screen got wet and is clouded now and the battery isn’t lasting as long, and so on. I think we will wipe it clean and take it to China later this month, then get me a new phone when we get back. (There are a lot of security issues with anything that connects to the internet in China so many people suggest taking a burner phone, which is essentirely what this plan would be.)

I have only had iPhones since the original came out. I mostly use mine to make calls, text, and take pictures. Once or twice a day I use it to surf the web while I am stuck waiting somewhere or to look up an address or phone number. I also use the waves app for directions frequently as my car does not have navigation and I am horrible at directions.

I am willing to ditch Apple at this point, especially if I can save some money. I am not good at tech so easy to use is important, which is the main reason I have stuck with Apple this long, but it seems like their stuff has needed more and more patches, etc. So I’m not sure it is worth it to continue to pay the premium for their products.

Suggestions?

Comments (33)