SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_405699604102

Honda HRM215 Slips in 2nd gear, drive doesn't automatically disengage

Scott Tully
5 years ago

I have Honda Harmony HRM215 CB Serial Number: MZBB6004459 SXA. In second gear, the wheel will spin when they are in the air but when they hit the ground they stop. Every now and then the mower will spurt forward for a second in second gear but then stop. It runs perfectly fine in first gear. A few months after the slipping started, the drive stopped disengaging when I let go of the Drive Clutch Lever. It eventually disengages, usually when I'm going down hill or I manually lift up handle bars and the rear wheels off the ground and then push the handle downs and lift the front ones as it seems when the rear wheels are higher than the front it disengages. If I go down a very step bank it ALWAYS disengages.

For the slipping in second gear issue, I've tried the simple fix of removing the left real wheel and then fixing the gear piece right there to make sure all the parts are situated correctly. It helped making sure the wheels spun when in the air in second gear but that's it.

I've also seen a video that talks about the Clutch and Shift levers getting becoming lose due to stretching in the rectangular slots. Haven't pursued that yet.

I don't want to give up on this mower as I really don't like that you have to keep the blade running on the new mowers to keep the engine running which sucks when you have to go over something but don't want the blade running or you want to stop and move something out of the way.

Greatly appreciate your help. Thanks.

Comments (5)